For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Saturday, March 14, 2009

Be Steadfast at Home

Once upon a time there was, in a far away land, a young maiden who knew not her creator. She was dead in her trespasses and sins, in which she was walking according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the daughters of disobedience. Among them she lived in the lusts of her flesh, indulging the desires of her flesh and of her mind, and was by nature a child of wrath, even as the rest.

But God, being rich in mercy because of His great love with which He loved her, even when she was dead in her transgressions, made her alive together with Christ (by grace she has been saved), and raised her up with Him, and seated her with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus, in order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward her in Christ Jesus. For by grace, she has been saved through faith; and not of herself, it is the gift of God; not as a result of her works, lest she should boast.

For she is His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that she should walk in them.

(Paraphrased from Ephesians 2:1-10)
__________________________________________

I was that young maiden. Before God saved me, I was spiritually dead, walking according to the course of this world, indulging in the desires of my flesh and my mind. I was a child of wrath. But God, being rich in mercy and grace, saved me.

Today, I am married 20 years to my knight in shining armor, and the Lord has blessed us with three wonderful children, Brittany (18), Luke (16) and Cassaundra (15).

Cassaundra, Steve, Luke, Christa and Brittany

In my early years of motherhood, staying at home was my sincere desire and I was determined to be the perfect mom. Even though I was physically at home, my heart was not. An unbiblical view of God and His purpose for my life kept me longing for the things of this world. While constantly wavering in my role as wife and mother, exhaustion, discontentment, depression and anger plagued my days. It wasn't until the Lord revealed the truth about Himself and his perfect plan for biblical womanhood, that I found peace and rest in Him. My passion is to encourage women, young and old to seek Him who gives strength and wisdom to be steadfast at home for His glory.

Older women like wise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips, nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored.


Titus 2:3-5


Be steadfast at home!

3 comments:

The Courter Family said...

Nice post! Welcome to the blogging world.
Mom C

Christa said...

Thank you Mrs. C.
We're still dreaming of that great pizza!

Christa

Carol said...

Just wanted to say that you have a wonderful blog with a wonderful message. The pictures are terrific, too...keep up the good work!