For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Friday, September 18, 2009

In Celebration of My Love for Sewing and Quilting

Growing up, my mother always encouraged me in any homemaking activities in which I was interested. She loved to cook, knit and crochet and learned how to sew from one of our neighbors. Mom never really developed a love for sewing, but to this day, she knows it is an important skill to learn and taught me some of what I know. I am so grateful to her for passing along a skill that she may not necessarily enjoy but that she understood to be valuable. Now I am able to teach my girls the art of sewing and someday they will pass it on to their daughters.In celebration of my love for sewing and quilting, there is going to be a giveaway!

Check back in the next few days to find out what it is.

~ Christa ~

3 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

How wonderful that your mother taught you this skill even when she didn't particularly enjoy it! I love sewing (when there is no ripping out seams!). Sewing was mandatory (home ec.)in Jr. High and that is where I learned to love sewing. I taught myself a little before then.
I got my girls both a sewing machine after they were married and they both do some sewing now.
What a fun idea to have a giveaway in "celebration of your love for sewing and quilting!" Can't wait to see what it is!
Blessings!

Camille said...

I have never quilted, but sewing....well, that is another story! I began "sewing" on the same machine I use today when I was just a little girl. It is my hope to pass this skill on to my own little girl someday. She will enjoy it I am sure...except, as Lady Farmer noted...the "ripping out seams" part! :)

Antoinette Petersen said...

Christa~
Yes, I am so grateful to God for giving me a grandmother with a love for sewing and the willingness to teach me! As you know I have been sewing since I was 5 years old, and have grown to love it just as much as she has throughout the years! It is truly a hobby I will cherish always! How neat that you are doing a give away! I will be sure to check back soon, I cannot miss this one! ;)

Blessings,

Miss. Antoinette K.