For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Friday, November 27, 2009

Father and Son Working Together


Barn Red Chicken Coop, one of Luke's projects he just finished.  Go to his blog to see more pictures.

One of the many blessings we have received since moving to Tennessee is that my husband and son have been able to work together.  Not only does Steve have more opportunities to teach him carpentry/business skills but their time together has been one of bonding and discipleship in the Lord.  This puts more meaning to Deuteronomy 6:4-7

"Hear, O Israel!  The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!  And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.  And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. 

The two of them have opportunity for deep conversation during their drive to the job site.  Luke is then able to do his school work for a few hours, and then off to work on a project with or supervised by Steve.  Of course the drive home is probably more of that rich time of discussion.

During this Thanksgiving Season, I must say I'm thankful for the time the Lord is giving Steve and Luke to have together.  My prayer is for Luke to continue this vision my husband has for the family.

Here are some resources from Vision Forum that the Lord has used to disciple our family:






Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

~ Christa ~


5 comments:

Antoinette Petersen said...

The coop look WONDERFUL!!! Both my mom and I where thinking that would be a great project for when we move and are ready to have our own chickens! :)

Blessings,

Miss. Antoinette K.

PS. Yes, I believe my father has benefited from those resources as well!

Camille said...

Wonderful post Christa! God is so good! How precious to have a husband who desires to disciple and train his son...I am thankful I have one of those husbands too! :)

Have a lovely weekend my friend!
Love,
Camille

Mrs. E said...

That is SO beautiful!
My heart is always brought to
joy when I see Fathers and Sons
working together.... so wonderful!!!

"...And the glory of sons is their fathers."
-Proverbs 17:6

With Much Love in Christ~ Miss Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Christa, that coop looks wonderful! What a terrific job!

Have a wonderful weekend.

maria

American Home said...

This is wonderful and what a blessing just to read your words about father and son working together! God bless you.
Donna