For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Monday, March 29, 2010

Surprise in My Mailbox



Today something special came in the mail!

What was it?


Dutch sisters swap

Well...
One of my favorite blogs to visit, Dutch Blue, hosted a
Spring Surprise Swap.
All participants were assigned a partner with whom they
would swap a gift that was hand made by the giver.

You know me, I love to make things.

Each person crafted a hand made item from fabric 
and sent it to their swap partner along with 
two fat quarters of fabric.


I couldn't resist signing up.


What made it even more special is that I was paired up
with someone from the Netherlands, my parents home land.

Yes, I'm a Dutch girl and a first generation American.

So!

What came in the mail today? 

My gift from Elly of My Everyday Things.

She spoiled me with more than she was suppose to. 

Here are some pictures of what she sent.


  Two birdies (I love birdies), three fat quarters,
beautiful tulip napkins, flower tea light candles


and...




...this little cutie pie!
She already found her way onto one of my cabinets.



The birdies found their way to my china cabinet.

Too cute!


A close-up of my beautiful fat quarters.
Maybe I'll make a mini quilt out of these.




Thank you, thank you, Elly!
I love it all!




Christa

9 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You have such a great blog. I am enjoying getting to know you. Have a nice week! Twyla

Camille said...

Oh Christa how perfectly LOVELY all those treats are!! Looks like Elly is a "kindred spirit" ~ what wonderful work she does! :)

Have a blessed day my friend!
Love,
Camille

Tammy said...

WONDERFUL gifts Christa!
Lovely stitching by Elly.
I enjoy Corry's (Dutch Blue) blog also.

Groetjes from a fellow 1st generation American :)

Lady Farmer said...

Oh, what treasures you found in your mailbox! Extra special being from your parents homeland! All your gifts are so fun and I can't wait to see the mini quilt you come up with using the fat quarters! They are luscious!
Blessings!

Sharon said...

Christa,

What beautiful goodies you recieved! Aren't swaps fun? :) The fat quarters are so pretty and perfect for Spring :)

Have a blessed day!
Sharon

Nadine said...

What lovely gifts! You will have to show us what you make with your fabric!
I have family on both my father & mother's sides that came here from the Netherlands also. I love to add little Dutch decorations around my home!

Blessings!
~Nadine

mrshester said...

How pretty it all is! Your birdies are adorable :)

Antoinette Petersen said...

How lovely Mrs. Smith! That does sound like fun! Mmmmmm..... that just might give me an idea for something fun for our blog! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings in Christ,

Miss Antoinette

PS. I cannot wait to see what your giveaway will be, I am so very excited!

Mrs. E said...

How wonderful... :)
What a blessing!
Everything is BEAUTIFUL!!

Love~ Jen