For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Family Friendly Movie



The men of our house were out
this evening,
so we girls decided to watch a movie
from Netflix.  Brittany found one by the makers
of Time Changer called
The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.


 We almost turned it off after the first few 
minutes, but then decided to
see it through.
The acting was a little dry but the story line
started to pick up and it ended 
up being worth the watch.
What made the movie
special was the fact that....
Oops, I'm not going to tell you because you
need to find out for yourself.
I will say this, it is family friendly and has
a very valuable lesson for all to learn.

Great movie for family discussion afterward.
Oh, and you may want to have a box of
Kleenex nearby, just in case (wink, wink)


Have any of you seen this movie?
~

Christa


Note:  Our family does not agree with some the theology presented in this movie.  However, this is why it was a good movie for discussion.  It gives our kids the opportunity to enjoy the movie but then talk about what is biblical and what is not.




8 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this and loved it! A wonderful lesson and inspiring. My girls have not seen it yet and I want to re-rent it so they can view it- it would be good for every young person to watch.

Mrs. JP said...

Thanks for the movie critique! I'll put it on our netflix now. Sometimes I go thru my Christian book dist. catalog and put those movies on our list too.

Antoinette Petersen said...

I have heard of this movie, but our family has no seen it.

I will keep this one in mind when we want to watch something new! :)

Blessings,

Miss Antoinette

Camille said...

Thanks for the recommendation Christa! I will put it on the "list" and keep my eyes open for it sometime. :)

Trust all is well with you?

Blessings,
Camille

His bondservant said...

We own this movie, and we really like it too. We also had some parts we didn't totally agree with, but overall, it was well done and I thought Christ honoring.

Eliza J said...

Glad to hear you liked it~! I saved this the other day for future viewing. Looks good to me.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Christa,

We watched this movie awhile ago and our family loved it. I wish there were more movies like this....as a matter of fact, I recommended it on my blog as well awhile back after we watched it! A good one for sure!

Blessings,
Tammy

Amy Kinser said...

We loved this movie as well. It was sweet and had great life lessons. I love "Capt. Stubing".