For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Saturday, November 13, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME

For every house is built by someone,
but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4

Today my husband took me to his place of
employment to take pictures of my quilt blocks.

His company restores old historical buildings in
Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky...  

Old barns are carefully disassembled and are
either re-assembled or re-purposed for other
old buildings or turned into beautiful hardwood flooring.

The picture above is one of the many log cabins
that he is selling.

  This is one of my newest quilt blocks for
our Etsy store.
 For someone's 
Home Sweet Home


My signature, the needle, thread and
the unfinished quilt.


I think this place would make a great
guest house or craft room.  
Of course once it's finished off.

What would you use this log cabin for?



Have a great Lord's day tomorrow,

Christa
 

10 comments:

Camille said...

Oh how fun Christa!!! Love the old log cabin...very very cool!!! Oh a guest house would be lovely, wouldn't it?? Your quilt blocks are soooo pretty. :)

Have a wonderful LORD's Day my friend!

Love,
Camille

Lady Farmer said...

I'm with you on the cabin, Christa! I think it would make a delightful guest house or sewing room! (And my chickens would vote for the sewing room! I have been eyeing their house to convert to a little place for me! But they would rather keep it, I think!)

What a great job your hubby has! And what a perfect backdrop for your quilt block paintings! How nice that he took you there for the photo shoot!

Blessings!

2 Dogs said...

Beautiful quilt block. I'd turn that cabin into my craft room. That would be great! Hugs

Heather Lee said...

My husband and I have been fascinated with the idea of re-purposed barns and cabins. Years ago I saw a program that featured a house that was made out of several small fixed up cabins from different areas that had been put together to make an amazing house.
Love your new painting too!! The cabin is a great backdrop for your beautiful work.

Mrs. JP said...

I'd make it my retreat--sounds selfish, I know. A comfy chair, Bible,lamp, quilts/crafts. Now my hubby would make it into his smoke house toot sweet! Your hubby is blessed to do something he loves.
I remember when my mom and dad had an old barn torn down on our family farm back in the '70's a man came by to get the wood to make frames. We got a picture of the sweet old barn in a frame made from the wood. It's one of my favorites.

Trish said...

Oh how I love the rustic timber on this lovely old cabin! I would use it for a tea-room or prayer chapel! blessings..Trish

Trish said...

Christa, thank you so much for visiting me :-) It is a real joy to meet you!
I love your blog and feel honoured to have you following mine.
I am blessed to find such godly sisters through blogging! blessings..Trish

dutch sisters said...

I love that rustic logcabin that is such a great background for taking pictures! Beautiful quilt blocks too!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

How beautiful Christa! What a perfect backdrop to your quilts!!

Manuela

Betsey Lindstrom said...

I love your blog Christa...It is full of love and home and family..The airy cabin would be a great potting shed and a place to display quilts both big and small...I have been a quilter for 25 years and work at a quilt shop hanging their quilts and there is nothing quite so earthy as the wonderful textures of quilts...Thanks for the warm and loving blog..love visiting...Betsey