For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Saturday, August 8, 2009

Home

Up until I was ten years old, home was a secure place for me. My Mother was a stay-at-home-mom, and Dad was devoted to our family. Until one day, being completely in the dark about what was about to happen, my mother informed me that she and my father would no longer be married*. Divorce was a foreign concept to me and it turned my world upside down. Home was no longer a secure place for me, it was a scary place to live. My mother was not a stay-at-home mom anymore because she now had to work and I only saw my father every other weekend.

However, regardless of what happened in our home during my childhood, God had a purpose in my life. Little did I know that someday, by His grace I would be one of His children. Even during that dark period of my life He was working in me and preparing me for a rich life of living for Him.

Today, I love my home and all who live here. It is not perfect, but it is a home where Christ reigns supreme over all.

My final home is not here on earth. It will be in heaven, where I will worship the Lord and He will be glorified. Only then will I be completely satisfied.
Why the quilt pictures in the middle of this article?
This quilt that I am working on right now celebrates my home with Christ at the center.
As I piece it together, I reflect on all that happened in my childhood home without Christ, to my present home, with Christ, remembering all He has done and rejoice with thankfulness.
God is so good.

I have always wanted to make a quilt with little houses so I am using scraps of fabric that I saved over the years.

It reminds me of what God does with us. He takes the scraps of our lives, and puts them all together to create a beautiful vessel for His glory. The process for us is sometimes lengthy and painful but the end result is peace and rest in Him.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blamesless before Him. In love he predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us.
Ephesians 1:3-8a
~ Christa ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful testimony of God's providence and grace in your life. What an awesome Redeemer!

Blessings,
Amy in AL

Farming On Faith said...

I share your testimony. My father left our family but it was brought us to the Lord. Life is hard but God is good. Thank you for sharing this!
Blessings~
I love your blog too!
Carrie

Farmhouse Blessings said...

My visit here has blessed me tremendously ~ thank you for sharing your heart and the wisdom of the Lord.

I'm glad I found you!

Blessings,
Delinda Lea