For every house is built by someone,

but the builder of all things is God.

Hebrews 3:4






Saturday, October 30, 2010

A little Paint and Crackle...




What's new in our Etsy store?

I listed this quilt block yesterday and it sold 
right away.  However, I am taking custom orders.
 This block was hand painted, crackled, antiqued
and then finished.

You can read more about how my husband's 
hardwood flooring business inspired me to 
finish these blocks so they look like they
are fresh out of a barn or old farmhouse.


Click on the image above to see the crackle finish.


The unfinished quilting is my signature.

Enjoy your weekend my friends!


Christa

6 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Christa:
I can see why your quilt block sold so quickly. It's wonderful! I hope you and your family have a great fall weekend.
Blessings,
Donna

Lady Farmer said...

Oh, my! What a fantastic piece of art! I hope you sell many more!
You are so wonderfully creative, Christa!

Camille said...

You do such lovely work my friend! I'm so happy for you that it sold so quickly...I'm not in the least surprised! :)

Have a wonderful LORD's Day tomorrow.

Love,
Camille

His bondservant said...

Christa,

This is truly lovely...and in red too, my absolute favorite color. Wanted to let you know also that we have officially signed up for the LTC conference, so I would love to meet you when we are there. We are praying now that all the children stay well so we can be there. God bless, jackie

Pam said...

Christa,
What a delightful blog you have. I just love it. The quilt block is delightful. Love all your picture and creations. Happy November, and many blessings to all.
Pam

Tonya Gunn said...

What a wonderful idea. It came out beautifully.